I am a contemporary Canadian landscape artist. I'm a visual story teller engaged in a mad race against time. recording disappearing pre-urbanized landscapes, as cities swallow land in fertile temperate zones. I use Elemental Texture, Luminous Colour, Symbolic Shapes and Lyrical Line and a process I have developed and call Glazed Acrylic. also see me on instagram @robinbarattaartist

Friday, July 28, 2023

The Road Home


The Road Home

In the not too distant past most people had a family connection to the land. 
The family farm whether it was in the care of parents, grandparents or aunts/uncles was the gathering point for families. 
I think having lost that  touch stone of tradition has created a vacuum where a lack of understanding of the importance of sustainability has grown. 
Is this ripe for development, or the source of sustenance for a hungry world?  

12x12, glazed Acrylic, on cradled wooden board, ready to hang, $285.







 

No comments: